"Life is a wonderful thing to talk about, or to read about in history books - but it is terrible when one has to live it."
—Jean Anouilh (1910-87) French playwright
- Castle Rock judge certifies election results; open-carry now allowed on town property Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:59:16 MDT
- A municipal judge on Friday certified the results of Castle Rock's Aug. 19 election, and "now that the results are final, the open carry of firearms is allowed in all town-owned facilities and parks," the town said in a news release.
- Wrongway driver who killed Jefferson County motorcycle deputy gets 6-year sentence Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:42:11 MDT
- An 83-year-old man who crossed a double yellow line to pass another driver and collided head-on with a Jefferson County sheriff's deputy, killing him, was ordered on Friday to serve six years in
- Axel Charrette's memory lives through bicycle project for toddlers Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:37:01 MDT
- When Jen Charrette watches toddlers scooting around on a pedal-less Strider bikes, she feels a grief-tinged happiness. The children remind her of Axel, her 2-year-old son who was murdered in a Mexican beach town while the family was wintering there in February 2013. Axel liked nothing better than to push himself along on his Strider - or his "chariot" as his parents called it - as fast as his chubby little legs would take him.
- Denver police seeking man accused of indecent exposure in City Park Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:55:34 MDT
- Denver police is asking for the public's help in finding a man accused of indecent exposure in the City Park area.
- Labor Day weekend traffic gets break with CDOT suspending road work Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:29:39 MDT
- State road crews suspended construction work Friday afternoon to help hurry along traffic during the traffic-heavy Labor Day weekend.
- Denver weather: More rain than expected creates problems across metro area Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:19:14 MDT
- The idea was that, after steady — sometimes intense — rainfall earlier in the week, things would be drying out this weekend in the Denver metro area.
- Sam Carter spared prison in Mapleton elk case, sentenced to 4 years probation Fri, 29 Aug 2014 15:43:33 MDT
- Former Boulder police Officer Sam Carter was spared prison time today in the highly contentious Mapleton elk case after a district court judge sentenced the 37-year-old to four years probation and 200 hours of community service in the killing of the trophy animal last year.
- Golden passes outdoor smoking, vaping ban Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:57:26 MDT
- GOLDEN — Golden City Council has unanimously approved an ordinance to limit tobacco smoking and use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizers in public spaces.
- Colorado medical marijuana research grants face federal uncertainty Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:38:14 MDT
- Colorado will begin handing out money for a ground-breaking medical-marijuana research grant program early next year.
- Environmentalists like Tom Steyer see Colorado as key in election Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:13 MDT
- Environmentalists in Colorado may have lost a rallying cry this year when efforts to limit fracking didn't make the ballot, but that hasn't stopped eco-activists from painting a big green bulls-eye on the state.
- All clear given after Denver police investigate suspicious package on medical campus Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:23:19 MDT
- Denver police have cleared the scene of a suspicious package reported on Friday afternoon.
- Moorhead Recreation Center in Aurora looking to receive $9 million renovation Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:22:58 MDT
- Aurora could break ground on a 30,000 square foot renovation of Moorhead Recreation Center in northwest Aurora as early as fall 2016 if city council approves a $9 million funding request proposed for the 2015 budget in October.
- Council decides Whatever will happen in Crested Butte Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:00:32 MDT
- Whatever is going to happen in Crested Butte next weekend, it was officially decided Thursday night after a week of heated debate.
- Weld County woman faces prison time for filing false kidnapping report Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:22:13 MDT
- Changes in a kidnapping story led a Weld County jury to convict a woman for falsely reporting her abduction.
- Air Force Academy vigilant after al-Qaeda names it as terror target Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:11:03 MDT
- The Air Force Academy on Friday assured the public it is remaining vigilant after reports surfaced that it could be a target for a terrorist attack.