"Every artist wants his work to be permanent. But what is? The Aswan Dam covered some of the greatest art in the world. Venice is sinking. Great books and pictures were lost in the Florence floods. In the meantime we still enjoy butterflies."
- Soldier killed in Canada shootings Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:11:14 GMT
- A huge security operation is under way in Canada's capital Ottawa after a gunman killed a soldier at a war memorial and shots were fired in the parliament building.
- Mexico orders Iguala mayor's arrest Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:58:58 GMT
- Mexico orders the arrest of the mayor of the southern town of Iguala, where 43 students disappeared after clashing with police last month.
- Jerusalem car 'attack' kills baby Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:42:36 GMT
- A baby girl is killed and eight others injured after a car hits pedestrians in Jerusalem, in what Israeli police describe as a "terrorist attack".
- Obama 'optimistic' over Ebola in US Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:59:41 GMT
- President Barack Obama expresses cautious optimism about the Ebola situation in the US, as new screening rules are introduced in the country.
- Syria air force 'steps up strikes' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:41:31 GMT
- The Syrian military has stepped up its air strikes on rebel-held areas dramatically, carrying out more than 200 in recent days, activists say.
- Four guilty of Blackwater killings Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:16:30 GMT
- A US federal jury finds four Blackwater security guards guilty of killing 14 Iraqis in a square in Baghdad in 2007.
- Military heads admit Afghan mistakes Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:40:51 GMT
- Military leaders failed to calculate the magnitude of the conflict in Afghanistan, the former head of the British army, Gen Sir Peter Wall, tells the BBC.
- Microsoft to phase out Nokia name Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:44:18 GMT
- Microsoft is ditching the Nokia brand name from new devices, less than a year after acquiring the Finnish mobile firm.
- Nasa shares free sounds from space Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:23:13 GMT
- The US space agency uploads a free library of audio files, including astronaut voices.
- DNA yields secrets of human pioneer Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:06:04 GMT
- DNA analysis of a 45,000-year-old human has helped scientists pinpoint when our ancestors interbred with Neanderthals.
- Serena in heaviest loss for 16 years Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:19:40 GMT
- World number one Serena Williams is beaten by Simona Halep at the WTA Finals in her heaviest defeat for 16 years.
- VIDEO: Orphan baby elephant rescued from well Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:56:16 GMT
- An elephant calf has been air rescued after he fell down a well in the remote region of Milgis Lugga in Northern Kenya.
- VIDEO: Military reburials for WW1 soldiers Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:33:08 GMT
- A reburial service has been taking place in northern France for 15 British World War One soldiers, exactly one hundred years after they were killed in battle.
- VIDEO: Kurds' fury as Kobane battle rages on Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:54:39 GMT
- The fighting in Kobane has pushed relations between the Turkish government and Turkey's Kurdish population to the lowest point for years
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:44:54 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
Red Sandstone Student
October 24, 2014
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014