"I do not mean to suggest that our handsome, newly enlarged library is to be a headquarters of busy bookworms, old and young, routinely absorbing knowledge by the hour while birds sing outside and the Mets fight it out for last place in the National League. On the contrary, a good library is a joyful place where the imagination roams free, and life is actively enriched."
—John K. Hutchens
- Islamic State 'kills US hostage' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:16:30 GMT
- An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist abducted by the group, is released.
- Million 'have fled Ukraine conflict' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:35:02 GMT
- The number of people who have fled the fighting in Ukraine has doubled in weeks, and the UN says more than a million have now been displaced.
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:49:12 GMT
- The leaking of intimate photos of celebrities from iCloud accounts was due to a theft of log-in information, not a security breach, says Apple.
- Afghan militants 'may join IS' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:15:49 GMT
- Fighters from a militant Islamic group in Afghanistan, allied to the Taliban, tell the BBC they are considering joining forces with Islamic State.
- Ashya's parents freed from custody Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:49:51 GMT
- The parents of Ashya King are released from custody in Spain after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant.
- Ebola response 'lethally inadequate' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:52:29 GMT
- A global military intervention is needed to curb the largest ever Ebola outbreak, according to the medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres.
- FM: Independence 'closer than ever' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:37:16 GMT
- Scottish independence is "closer than it's ever been" claims First Minister Alex Salmond, as an opinion poll suggests gains for the Yes campaign.
- US targets al-Shabab's leader Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:44:15 GMT
- The US military says it has carried out air strikes in Somalia, targeting the leader of militant group al-Shabab, but it is unclear if he was killed.
- Terror suspects held in Saudi Arabia Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:38:56 GMT
- Saudi Arabia's interior ministry says it has arrested 88 people suspected of plotting attacks inside and outside the country.
- Pakistan MPs hold emergency session Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:55:42 GMT
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif seeks to gain support in an emergency joint session of parliament as protesters on the streets of Islamabad call for his resignation.
- Arrests over Afghan child marriage Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:51:00 GMT
- The parents of an eight-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy are arrested on charges of arranging their under-age marriage in northern Afghanistan.
- Ecuador volcano increases activity Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:23:18 GMT
- A massive ash cloud is rising from the Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador as it shows increased activity with a series of explosions on Monday.
- Gayet wins new French privacy case Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:32:02 GMT
- Actress Julie Gayet, linked to President Hollande, wins a privacy case against a photographer who snapped her in her car, which French law deems private space.
- Dethroned beauty queen seeks apology Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:54:52 GMT
- A dethroned Burmese beauty queen is refusing to hand back her crown until she receives an apology from South Korean organisers.
- Mass escape from juvenile US prison Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:35:15 GMT
- More than 30 teenagers held at a juvenile detention centre in Tennessee escape by crawling through a fence and nine are still being sought.
Toddler Story Time
Children's Room ,
September 3, 2014
Pre School Story time
Vail Public Library,
September 3, 2014
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
September 6, 2014
Homestake at Vail HOA
Vail Public Library's Community Room,
September 7, 2014
Monday Matinee - Up
Vail Public Library Community Room,
September 8, 2014