24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Russia 'to alter military doctrine' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:49:16 GMT
- Russia is to adjust its military doctrine as a result of the Ukraine crisis and Nato's increasing presence in eastern Europe, a top Russian official says.
- IS accused of Iraq ethnic cleansing Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:23:10 GMT
- Amnesty International says it has proof Islamic State militants have launched a campaign of ethnic cleansing against minorities in northern Iraq.
- VIDEO: Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’ Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:52:25 GMT
- Residents and fighters in Amerli are celebrating the end of a two-month siege and the withdrawal of IS militants from around the town.
- FBI probes 'Cloud' celebrity leaks Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:09:12 GMT
- The FBI looks into allegations that the online accounts of celebrities have been hacked, leading to intimate pictures being posted online.
- Nigeria militants 'seize' major town Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:08:09 GMT
- Nigeria's militant Islamist group Boko Haram seizes the key north-eastern town of Bama after fighting with government forces, residents tell the BBC.
- Boris Island airport plan 'not dead' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:20:55 GMT
- Mayor of London Boris Johnson says plans for an airport in the Thames Estuary, dubbed "Boris Island", are not dead despite a commission rejecting the idea.
- Ebola 'threatens' W Africa harvests Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:00:56 GMT
- The deadly Ebola outbreak is putting food prices and and harvests in West Africa "at serious risk", warns the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- US 'targets al-Shabab's leader' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:56:27 GMT
- The US military carries out air strikes in Somalia, reportedly targeting the leader of militant group al-Shabab, though it is unclear if he was hit.
- Uber banned across Germany by court Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:43:00 GMT
- A court says the UberPop service must stop transporting passengers in Germany, but the American company refuses to suspend work.
- Pakistan MPs hold emergency session Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:09:27 GMT
- A joint session of parliament begins in Pakistan as PM Nawaz Sharif seeks to gain support against protesters calling for his resignation.
- Egypt police killed in Sinai attack Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:20:27 GMT
- At least nine policemen have been killed in a bomb attack on a convoy in Egypt's restive Sinai Peninsula, officials say.
- Japan tackles dengue fever outbreak Tue, 02 Sep 2014 05:47:04 GMT
- Japan is battling its first outbreak of dengue fever in almost 70 years, with at least 22 people confirmed as being infected.
- Russian sex geckos die in orbit Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:51:57 GMT
- Five gecko lizards sent into orbit on a Russian space satellite as part of a sex experiment have all died, the Russian space agency says.
- Survivor singer Jamison dies aged 63 Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:31:54 GMT
- Jimi Jamison, the lead singer for US rock band Survivor, who sang and co-wrote the theme tune for hit TV series Baywatch, dies aged 63.
- VIDEO: Uganda's Ghetto Kids: 'Dance changed my life' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:03:04 GMT
- Children in Uganda working in a pioneering dance group, Ghetto Kids, have been describing how it has changed their lives for the better.