24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Happy the people whose annals are blank in the history books!"
—Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) British historian, essayist
- UN plea over Turkey refugee crisis Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:15:16 GMT
- The UN says Turkey urgently needs help to care for 130,000 Syrian refugees who have crossed the border fleeing Islamist militants.
- Ukraine to pull back artillery Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:01:32 GMT
- Ukraine is preparing to withdraw heavy weaponry away from separatist rebel lines in the east, the military says.
- Rockefellers to divest fossil fuels Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:26:15 GMT
- The Rockefeller family, which made its fortune from oil, is to sell its investments in fossil fuels and put money into clean energy.
- Tesco probe into £250m profit error Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:54:51 GMT
- Tesco suspends "a number of people", including four executives, as it launches an inquiry into why its half-year profit forecast was overstated by £250m ($400m).
- Top Israeli spy Harari dies Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:00:05 GMT
- Mike Harari, the Mossad agent who oversaw a string of Israeli operations involving the assassination of Palestinian militants abroad, has died, aged 87.
- Thousands of HK students at boycott Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:09:07 GMT
- Hong Kong students begin a week-long boycott of classes to protest against China's stance on electoral reform in the territory.
- Cosmic study 'underestimated' dust Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:04:26 GMT
- Scientists who claimed to have found evidence for a cosmic super-expansion just after the Big Bang underestimated a key confounding factor in their research, according to a new analysis.
- S Leone hails lockdown 'success' Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:47:21 GMT
- Authorities in Sierra Leone say a three-day curfew aimed at containing the Ebola outbreak has been a success and will not be extended.
- Mars Maven mission arrives in orbit Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:32:34 GMT
- The US space agency's (Nasa) latest Mars satellite arrives successfully in orbit above the planet, in a mission to study its high atmosphere.
- Russia plans for internet crisis Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:11:40 GMT
- Russia is making plans to ensure state control over the country's internet traffic in a national emergency, Russian media report.
- Pakistan appoints new spy chief Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:48:26 GMT
- Pakistan names a close ally of the army chief to head the country's feared Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency.
- Afghan soldiers missing from US base Mon, 22 Sep 2014 06:26:04 GMT
- Three Afghan soldiers participating in a joint exercise at an American base in Massachusetts are reported to be missing.
- VIDEO: Potter star launches equality campaign Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:27:02 GMT
- Actress Emma Watson launches a global UN campaign to get 100,000 men and boys involved in the fight to achieve gender equality.
- VIDEO: Climate change in global spotlight Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:36:18 GMT
- Street protests demanding urgent action on climate change have attracted hundreds of thousands of marchers in more than 2,000 locations worldwide.
- VIDEO: Ghani on becoming Afghan president Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:28:59 GMT
- Ashraf Ghani has said people in Afghanistan "demonstrated a remarkable will for wanting transformation" during this election.