24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists.... When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence."
—Erich Fromm (1900-80) German-born American psychoanalyst, emphasized role of social conditioning
- Turkey clamps down on Syria border Mon, 22 Sep 2014 05:58:39 GMT
- Turkey closes most of its border crossings with Syria after the entry of at least 100,000 Kurd refugees, as IS militants approach a key Syrian town.
- Sierra Leone Ebola lockdown ends Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:01:18 GMT
- Authorities in Sierra Leone say a three-day curfew aimed at containing the Ebola outbreak has been a success and will not be extended.
- Mars Maven mission arrives in orbit Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:32:34 GMT
- The US space agency's (Nasa) latest Mars satellite arrives successfully in orbit above the planet, in a mission to study its high atmosphere.
- Moscow rally against Ukraine crisis Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:14:39 GMT
- Tens of thousands of Russians march in Moscow to protest against Russia's involvement in the Ukraine crisis.
- Global protests over climate change Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:42:33 GMT
- Street protests demanding urgent action on climate change attract hundreds of thousands of marchers across more than 2,000 locations worldwide.
- US hopes for Afghan security pact Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:36:14 GMT
- US Secretary of State John Kerry says he hopes a key bilateral security agreement with Afghanistan can be signed before the end of the month.
- 'Deadly blasts' in China's Xinjiang Mon, 22 Sep 2014 03:09:51 GMT
- Two people are killed and others injured in a series of blasts in Luntai county in China's restive Xinjiang region, Chinese media say.
- GM recalls cars over brake defect Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:35:21 GMT
- American car giant General Motors recalls more than 220,000 vehicles, mainly in the US and Canada, due to a brake defect.
- Deal to end Yemen crisis signed Sun, 21 Sep 2014 20:00:06 GMT
- The Yemeni government and Shia Houthi rebels sign an agreement aimed at ending the political crisis which has gripped the country for weeks.
- Hong Kong students begin boycott Mon, 22 Sep 2014 03:29:19 GMT
- Hong Kong students begin a week-long boycott of classes to protest against China's stance on electoral reform in the territory.
- Pope decries 'perverted' extremists Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:02:55 GMT
- Tens of thousands of people attend a Mass by Pope Francis, as the pontiff hits out at extremists "perverting" religion to justify violence.
- New toxic mine spill in Mexico Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:14:35 GMT
- The Mexican authorities have issued a new alert about a toxic spill into a river from a copper mine run by the mining giant, Grupo Mexico.
- Roast peanuts 'spark more allergies' Sun, 21 Sep 2014 23:40:38 GMT
- Roasted peanuts may be more likely to trigger allergic reactions than raw peanuts, according to an Oxford University study carried out on mice.
- VIDEO: Jude Law: "DRC gone off the radar" Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:19:43 GMT
- During a trip to the troubled region of Eastern DRC, British actor Jude Law called for more international attention to be given to the country.
- VIDEO: Prohibition plans for Kerala Sun, 21 Sep 2014 06:42:32 GMT
- The southern Indian state of Kerala has said it will ban the sale and consumption of alcohol to tackle the problem of excessive drinking.