24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Perhaps a modern society can remain stable only by eliminating adolescence, by giving its young, from the age of ten, the skills, responsibilities, and rewards of grownups, and opportunites for action in all spheres of life. Adolescence should be a time of useful action, while book learning and scholarship should be a preoccupation of adults."
—Eric Hoffer (1902-83) American philosopher
- Test Ebola drug '100% effective' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:16 GMT
- The only trial data on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp shows it is 100% effective in monkey studies, even in later stages of the infection.
- Plain packs 'no illegal smoking link' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:15:39 GMT
- A study of smokers in Australia suggests there is "no evidence" that the introduction of standardised cigarette packaging has changed the way people buy cigarettes.
- Manchester City 0-1 Stoke City Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:52:38 GMT
- Burnley 0-0 Manchester United Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:09:29 GMT
- VIDEO: California's new gold rush Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:02:13 GMT
- In The New Forty-Niners, photographer Sarina Finkelstein documents a new wave of gold seekers in California, more than 160 years after the Gold Rush.
- Visiting a Kurdish capital in the US Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:13:44 GMT
- In Nashville, Kurdish immigrants have built a lively community. Monica Campbell took a tour with a local resident.
- Senegal confirms first Ebola case Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:28:21 GMT
- Senegal's health ministry confirms a first case of Ebola, making it the fifth West African country now affected by the outbreak.
- Malaysia Airlines to cut 6,000 staff Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:31:24 GMT
- Malaysia Airlines is to cut 6,000 staff as part of recovery plan after being hit by two air disasters this year.
- Italian on course for top EU job Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:30:09 GMT
- There are strong signs that EU leaders will choose Italy's Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini to be the new EU foreign affairs chief.
- Ecuador to bring in digital currency Fri, 29 Aug 2014 23:44:45 GMT
- Ecuador says it will introduce the world's first digital currency issued by a central bank and it will go into circulation in December.
- Egypt Brotherhood death sentence cut Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:34:36 GMT
- The head of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has one death sentence commuted to life in prison, but still faces another death penalty.
- US steps up sanctions over Iran Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:54:03 GMT
- The US has imposed new sanctions on companies and individuals in connection with Iran's nuclear programme.
- Arrest warrant for Ashya parents Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:39:35 GMT
- A European arrest warrant is issued for the parents of a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, missing from hospital since Thursday.
- Abuse inquiry 'delayed too long' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:12:01 GMT
- A government inquiry into child abuse "needs to get moving" in the light of the "devastating" Rotherham scandal, Labour leader Ed Miliband says.
- MH17 crash: Briton's body identified Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:20:24 GMT
- The Foreign Office confirms the body of John Alder, one of 10 Britons killed in the Malaysia Airlines crash, has been identified.