"If I ever do a book on the Amazon, I hope I am able to bring a certain lightheartedness to the subject, in a way that will tell the reader we are going to have fun with this thing."
—Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts], Recurring Saturday Night Live comedy bit
- Scenes from Denver's 4/20 celebrations Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:38:29 MDT
- A capacity crowd huddled under blankets, wearing coats, gloves and hats for sunrise Easter service at Red Rocks Amphitheater early Sunday.
- Denver 4/20 rally draws mellow crowd; police issue dozens of citations Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:37:29 MDT
- As the sun rose at Red Rocks Amphitheater on Sunday, David Garcia — high on the holy spirit as well as just plain high — contemplated the unusual convergence of prayer and pot in Colorado this year.
- Bikes, pedestrians go with flow of RTD's West Line light rail Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:24:09 MDT
- The arrival of RTD's West Line light rail in April 2013 was a once-in-a-generation opportunity to change the dynamic of how Lakewood residents live, work and play, city officials say.
- Leftover Salmon, Method Man and Redman headline Denver 4/20 show Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:20:46 MDT
- Organizers estimate about 5,000-6,000 people came through the gates of a mini-festival outside of Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom that had 26th to 28th streets closed on Welton Street.
- Buzz builds for Westminster to make bees, hens legal Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:13:01 MDT
- The confident cluck of backyard chickens could grow louder across the metro area if Westminster joins a legion of other towns and cities that have recently ushered in the earnest egg-layers.
- Volume turned up on Red Rocks ruckus as Jeffco enters the fray Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:04:01 MDT
- A brewing dispute over claims of window-rattling sound levels during certain shows at Red Rocks Amphitheatre has now drawn Jefferson County into the controversy, just as the iconic venue kicks off its summer concert season.
- RTD says $1.5 million simulator will help light-rail training Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:58:41 MDT
- With the Regional Transportation District's increasing expansion and the need to add more drivers, RTD is buying a $1.5 million simulator that will train nearly 250 people each year.
- 4/20 Denver: Concerts, the Cannabis Cup, festivals, burlesque and more Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:28:49 MDT
- What are you doing for 4/20?On this first 4/20 after legal recreational marijuana sales started, the cannabis world is coming to Colorado.
- Two prisoners escape from Englewood prison camp Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:25:47 MDT
- Authorities are looking for two inmates who walked away from a minimum security prison camp in Englewood Saturday night.
- Runner carries carries spirit of Boston, Lyons in each stride Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:03:40 MDT
- Boston Strong, meet Lyons Strong.Stephanie Kurland is the point where those two fighting spirits meet.
- Copyright infringement fine strikes sour note with Springs bar owner Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:58:55 MDT
- A Colorado Springs bar owner has been fined $21,000 for violating copyright infringement by using songs of artists, including Toby Keith, on her karaoke machine.
- 4-year-old dies in house fire in Morgan County Sunday night Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:20:18 MDT
- A 4-year-old child died in a house fire northeast of Brush in Morgan County on Sunday night.
- Cannabis Cup draws thousands to Denver 4/20 weed fair Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:52:33 MDT
- In the vast outdoor weed fair that is part of the High Times Cannabis Cup, Cat Jordan of Colorado Springs walks among the stalls, cradling her new water pipe.
- Oscar Meyer recalls 96,000 pounds of cheese dogs Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:22:25 MDT
- The cheese in your Oscar Meyer Classic Cheesedog could contain milk, but you wouldn't know it from the labeling, which has prompted a recall of 96,000 pounds of franks, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service said Sunday.
- More tainted meat found in Gunbarrel park where dogs were poisoned Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:19:40 MDT
- Two more poison-laced meatballs were found in a park in Boulder County on Sunday, as authorities continue the search for the culprit who has harmed at least three pets.