"[Book dedication:] To myself, without whose inspired and tireless efforts this book would not have been possible."
- Highlands Ranch man pens theme song for Colorado Rockies Sat, 8 Mar 2014 02:16:37 MST
- Charlie Denler said he didn't write the Colorado Rockies' theme song "Take The Field" just for the team.
- Sandhill cranes face shut-off as Colorado weighs who gets scarce water Sat, 8 Mar 2014 01:13:52 MST
- Colorado's effort to replenish its aquifers by cracking down on pumping groundwater threatens to leave the thousands of sandhill cranes that arrive here each February without the water they need.
- Mountain snow spills into Denver Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:49:15 MST
- Pacific moisture continued to pump into Colorado on Friday, bringing another band of heavy snow to the northern and central mountains. Areas in the mountains and foothills could receive up to 13 inches of new snow with the deepest amounts on high, east facing slopes, according to the National Weather Service.
- Parker Police say no devices found in Legend High School bomb threat Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:49:03 MST
- Parker police say no suspicious devices or packages were found at Legend High School after a bomb threat was made against the school.
- Nederland pot club to open in a few weeks Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:48:50 MST
- Club Ned is set to be the only cannabis cafe — a private club where members can go to smoke marijuana — in Boulder County when it opens sometime in the next few weeks.
- Two charged in Lakewood man's murder Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:45:39 MST
- The Jefferson County District Attorney formally charged two men Friday with the murder of a 79-year-old Lakewood man.
- Federal appeals court rules Colorado TABOR lawsuit can move forward Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:44:42 MST
- A federal appeals court on Friday said it would allow a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Colorado's Taxpayer's Bill of Rights to go forward.
- Abrupt end to Montour death penalty case still carries large price Sat, 8 Mar 2014 00:44:24 MST
- The plea agreement that spared inmate Edward Montour from execution began Wednesday night, hours after opening arguments in the death penalty case that spanned more than a decade and cost the state millions of dollars.
- Fort Collins man's bill for Girl Scout cookies skyrockets to $800 Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:53:03 MST
- A Fort Collins man's purchase of $42 worth of Girl Scout cookies has snowballed to more than $800, after a check-cashing snafu led to the involvement of a collections agency.
- Arson suspect surrenders in Tuesday's Corona condominium fire Fri, 7 Mar 2014 23:51:59 MST
- A suspect wanted in connection with the Corona Village Condominium fire has turned himself in, the Adams County Sheriff's Office said Friday.
- Daylight Saving Time starts Sunday Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:08:10 MST
- It is almost time to spring forward and enjoy getting home from work while the sun is still up. Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
- Avalanche closes Berthoud Pass, buries cars on road Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:50:58 MST
- An avalanche closed U.S. 40 in both directions over Berthoud Pass and buried three cars along the stretch Friday afternoon.
- Pollock, Matisse and Still together in knockout museum collaboration Fri, 7 Mar 2014 16:04:04 MST
- This is the first time the century-old Denver Art Museum and its 2-year-old next-door neighbor, The Clyfford Still Museum, have coordinated efforts, and there's more to it for consumers than convenience. One ticket gets you into both places. Individually, the shows are hits, together they're a knockout, and neither is so overwhelming that you can't see them on one, efficient afternoon.
- Human remains lead to missing Denver woman, but not cause of death Fri, 7 Mar 2014 15:07:31 MST
- Human remains — a bone and a bone fragment — found in separate metro area locations have established an identity through DNA, but the discovery isn't enough to reveal a cause of death.
- Daily Digest: How much snow Denver could get, plus 9 more stories Fri, 7 Mar 2014 10:49:09 MST
- Your daily resource for late-breaking news, upcoming events, the Denver weather forecast, Denver traffic information, and the stories that will be talked about today.