24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"No book has yet been written in praise of a woman who let her husband and children starve or suffer while she invented even the most useful things, or wrote books, or expressed herself in art, or evolved philosophic systems."
—Anna Garlin Spencer
- Pistorius given five years in jail Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:03:19 GMT
- South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is sentenced to five years in jail for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- Total boss dies in Moscow air crash Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:28:27 GMT
- Christophe de Margerie, chief executive of French oil company Total since 2007, has died after his plane crashed during take-off in Moscow.
- Man walks again after transplant Tue, 21 Oct 2014 04:31:50 GMT
- A paralysed Polish man has been able to walk again after a pioneering therapy that involved transplanting specialist cells into his damaged spinal cord.
- Ukraine faces cluster bomb claim Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:15:59 GMT
- A leading human rights group says it has strong evidence Ukraine attacked populated areas of Donetsk with cluster bombs, banned by many other states.
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:41:30 GMT
- Dominican-born US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta, who dressed former first ladies Jackie Kennedy and Hillary Clinton, has died aged 82, US media report.
- Ebola-hit nations get key supplies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:55:50 GMT
- Vital supplies to tackle Ebola are beginning to arrive in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - the worst-hit countries, Ghana's president says.
- Canada hit-and-run man 'radicalised' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:10:45 GMT
- A man who struck two Canadian soldiers with his car before he was shot dead by police had been "radicalised", Canada's PM says.
- Hong Kong officials meet students Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:39:49 GMT
- Hong Kong officials begin talks with student leaders to try to resolve the political impasse that sparked weeks of pro-democracy street protests.
- Gough Whitlam dies at the age of 98 Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:11:50 GMT
- Former Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, credited with transforming Australian society in the 1970s, has died at the age of 98.
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:29:45 GMT
- An Australian man is convicted of performing a sex act in front of a webcam "watched by" a computer-generated child he believed was real.
- Australian teen surfaces in IS video Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:54:07 GMT
- An Australian teenager who joined IS militants in Iraq and Syria surfaces in a video addressing PM Tony Abbott and US president Barack Obama.
- India suspend tours to West Indies Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:27:37 GMT
- India suspend all future tours to the Caribbean following the West Indies' decision to abandon their tour of India last week.
- VIDEO: Doctor on sister's Ebola death Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:48:33 GMT
- Dr Olivet Buck died after contracting Ebola while treating patients in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:50:31 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: New smart glasses 'look to rival Google' Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:25:58 GMT
- BBC Click's Marc Cieslak looks at the smart glasses on show at the annual Ceatec electronics exhibition in Japan.