24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it."
—James Bryce (1838-1922) British diplomat, historian, known as First Viscount Bryce of Dechmont
- EU hits out at 'Russian aggression' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 12:15:00 GMT
- EU foreign ministers express "deep concern" at Russia's "aggression against Ukraine", as the bloc's leaders prepare to consider fresh sanctions.
- Lesotho PM flees 'military coup' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:17:06 GMT
- Lesotho's prime minister has crossed into South Africa, accusing the army of staging a coup and telling the BBC his life is in danger.
- China warns of Hong Kong 'meddling' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:35:29 GMT
- China warns foreign countries against "meddling" in Hong Kong's politics ahead of a crucial announcement on the territory's election process.
- Philippine Syria troops 'attacked' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:41:42 GMT
- A group of Philippine peacekeepers trapped by rebels in the Syrian Golan Heights are "under attack", the Philippine defence minister says.
- George Galloway leaves hospital Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:32:54 GMT
- British MP George Galloway leaves hospital after being treated for injuries he suffered in an attack reportedly prompted by his views on Israel.
- Jews 'forced' from Guatemala village Sat, 30 Aug 2014 01:38:45 GMT
- Some 230 members of an Orthodox Jewish group begin leaving a village in western Guatemala after a bitter row with the local indigenous community.
- Rescuers free Nicaraguan miners Sat, 30 Aug 2014 06:00:45 GMT
- Most of 24 gold miners trapped underground in northern Nicaragua since Thursday have been rescued, officials say.
- Cameron and Clegg to hold terror talks Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:49:38 GMT
- David Cameron and Nick Clegg are to hold talks to try to reach agreement on new measures to tackle the threat posed by Islamist extremists.
- India's growth hits two year high Fri, 29 Aug 2014 16:52:51 GMT
- India's economy grew by 5.7% in the three months to June, its fastest pace in two-and-a-half years, according to an official estimate.
- Italian lawyers urged to work faster Sat, 30 Aug 2014 00:55:49 GMT
- Italian PM Matteo Renzi announces measures to quicken the pace of the country's notoriously slow justice system to help the struggling economy.
- Iceland's volcano ash alert lifted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:33:56 GMT
- An eruption near Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano that briefly threatened air travel has ended, local officials say.
- Cold War US spy dies in prison Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:17:59 GMT
- A former US navy sailor who led a spy ring for the Soviet Union has died in a prison medical centre at the age of 77.
- VIDEO: 100-year-old tortoise is on the move Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:06:41 GMT
- An extremely rare Galapagos tortoise thought to be 100 years old has been given a new home at a zoo in Ohio.
- VIDEO: Song of a four-storey 'earth harp' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:31:30 GMT
- William Close is the inventor of the 'Earth Harp', a musical instrument which makes use of the architecture around it to create its sound.
- VIDEO: Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 03:22:05 GMT
- Police in northern Brazil say they are in the process of dismantling one of the country's biggest environmental criminal gangs.