24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:52:08 GMT
- The US and UN condemn the shelling of a UN school housing civilians in Gaza, as Palestinians say Israeli attacks kill more than 100 in the day.
- G7 says Russia faces more sanctions Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:01:05 GMT
- The G7 group of economic powers warns President Putin of further sanctions after Russia called new US and EU penalties "destructive and short-sighted".
- Ebola: Liberia shuts all schools Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:33:44 GMT
- Liberia's government announced it is closing down all schools across the country and deploying troops to stop the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
- Dozens trapped by Indian landslide Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:42:35 GMT
- At least 20 people are killed after a landslide buries more than 40 houses and leaves up to 200 people trapped in a village in western India.
- Tor attack may have unmasked users Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:16:19 GMT
- Users of the "dark net" service Tor who visited hidden websites may have had their identities revealed by a five-month long cyber-attack.
- Six dead in Nigeria college blast Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:08:06 GMT
- At least six people have been killed in a suicide bombing at a college in northern Nigeria's biggest city, Kano, witnesses say.
- US economic growth surges by 4% Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:37:29 GMT
- The US economy grew by 4% in the second quarter, according to a preliminary reading by the US Department of Commerce, beating expectations.
- France evacuates expats from Libya Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:16:09 GMT
- The French government says it has evacuated French and British nationals from Libya, as battles rage between government forces and militias.
- Somali 'killed for not wearing veil' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:58:12 GMT
- Militant Islamists in Somalia have shot dead a Muslim woman for refusing to wear a veil, her relatives say.
- House to vote to sue President Obama Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:32:37 GMT
- The US House of Representatives is set to pass a resolution authorising a lawsuit against the president for alleged overreach of his authority.
- Tight security after Xinjiang unrest Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:42:08 GMT
- Chinese authorities step up security in parts of Xinjiang after dozens were killed or injured in the region's worst violence for months.
- US bridge to get anti-suicide fence Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:53:04 GMT
- A major span between New York City and New Jersey will be getting safety fence designed to prevent suicides, after an increase in deaths this year.
- VIDEO: Inside a laboratory battling Ebola Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:11:35 GMT
- Global Health Correspondent Tulip Mazumdar takes a look around a makeshift laboratory trying to battle the Ebola outbreak in Guinea.
- VIDEO: Sun bracelet measures UV exposure Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:01:37 GMT
- The BBC's Dougal Shaw tests out a digital bracelet designed to help people avoid getting too much sun exposure.
- VIDEO: UK to allow driverless cars on roads Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:56:17 GMT
- The UK government will shortly outline measures to permit driverless cars to use public roads by next year.