24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"I think a good novel would be where a bunch of men on a ship are looking for a whale. They look and look, but you know what? They never find him. And you know why they never find him? It doesn't say. The book leaves it up to you, the reader, to decide. Then, at the very end, there's a page you can lick and it tastes like Kool-Aid."
—Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts], Recurring Saturday Night Live comedy bit
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:47:24 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Using Facebook to get a pay rise Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:13:53 GMT
- BBC News speaks to the creators of Smarpshare, who want employees to become brand ambassadors for their firms.
- VIDEO: Brazil's 'tightest' presidential vote Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:21:16 GMT
- Sunday's presidential run-off vote in Brazil is too close to call and the election battle has centred on the pivotal home state of both candidates, Minas Gerais.
- VIDEO: Security for polio workers in Pakistan Fri, 24 Oct 2014 01:27:22 GMT
- The number of cases of polio in Pakistan has topped 200 for the first time in nearly 15 years.
- VIDEO: Could amputees re-grow lost limbs? Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:49:14 GMT
- Amputees could one day re-grow their missing limbs, according to researchers at Imperial College London.
- Russian clocks go back for last time Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:36:16 GMT
- After experimenting with permanent summer hours, Russia is adopting permanent winter hours due to fewer hours of daylight in the north.
- Baffling ballet Sat, 25 Oct 2014 02:20:13 GMT
- Can scientists unlock the secrets of starling murmurations using computer models and citizen science?
- Vietnam tycoon arrested for 'fraud' Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:42:46 GMT
- One of Vietnam's richest men, Ha Van Tham, is arrested by police on suspicion of lending fraud, authorities say.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:40:47 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Hailo says Uber blocked investors Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:41:35 GMT
- After pulling out of the US, taxi app Hailo complains that rival Uber is blocking potential investors from offering funding.
- The Queen sends her first tweet Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:51:47 GMT
- The Queen sends her first tweet to launch the London Science Museum's ambitious new Information Age gallery.
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:10:39 GMT
- The handling of a police raid at the home of veteran pop star Sir Cliff Richard is described as inept by the Commons Home Affairs Committee.
- Alvin Stardust album gets early release Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:13:07 GMT
- The release of Alvin Stardust's final album, his first in 30 years, is brought forward following his death.
- Science chief warns on acid oceans Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:18:50 GMT
- The UK's chief scientist says the oceans face a serious and growing risk from man-made carbon emissions.
- EU leaders agree CO2 emissions cut Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:59:54 GMT
- The EU agrees what it calls "the world's most ambitious" deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 40% by 2030, overcoming deep divisions.