24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Some books are to be tasted, others swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested."
—Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) English philosopher, essayist, statesman
- VIDEO: How 1992 riots changed LA police Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:37:58 GMT
- The BBC's Alastair Leithead reports from Los Angeles on how the police force changed after the riots there and what Missouri can learn from its experience.
- VIDEO: Red Riding Hood in jazz shoes Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:06:55 GMT
- Drew McOnie has choreographed a new version of Little Red Riding Hood for the National Youth Ballet.
- VIDEO: US blockbuster season box office down Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:04:31 GMT
- The US box office has struggled compared to previous years during the traditional high point of the summer blockbuster season.
- VIDEO: Kinshasa suburbs named after major cities Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:35:02 GMT
- Some of Kinshasa's residents have big aspirations for DR Congo - so much so that they have started renaming suburbs with the names of faraway capital cities whose style they admire.
- Australian is oldest Channel swimmer Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:15:17 GMT
- A 70-tear-old Australian man has set the record for the world's oldest person to swim the English Channel.
- VIDEO: Police take wrong-way driver head on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:03:32 GMT
- Two traffic officers have been praised for their bravery after stopping a wrong-way driver on the M6 toll.
- Australian winemaker reports a loss Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:47:23 GMT
- Australian winemaker Treasury Wine Estates has reported its first annual loss due to slower sales in China and oversupply in the US market.
- HP's sales inch up but profit falls Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:42:25 GMT
- Computer giant Hewlett-Packard has reported a sharp fall in profit despite a rise in revenue helped by improved computer sales.
- Taxi firm Uber to deliver groceries Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:27:06 GMT
- Taxi firm Uber is trialling a same-day delivery service for more than 100 grocery goods in Washington DC.
- UPS branches hit by data breach Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:52:38 GMT
- Branches of the US parcel delivery company UPS have been hit by a security breach, with payment card information stolen.
- Cast of South African soap sacked Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:41:47 GMT
- The 16-strong cast of popular South African soap opera Generations is sacked after a long-running dispute over pay and contracts.
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut Thu, 21 Aug 2014 08:47:22 GMT
- Hollywood actress Emma Stone is to make her Broadway debut in the current revival of Cabaret, replacing Michelle Williams in the role of Sally Bowles.
- Seals 'brought TB to the Americas' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:54:43 GMT
- Marine mammals brought tuberculosis to the Americas before the Europeans arrived, a study suggests.
- Earliest evidence of snail-eating Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:00:06 GMT
- Palaeolithic humans in Spain began eating snails 10,000 years earlier than their Mediterranean neighbours, a study reveals.
- Botox may have cancer fighting role Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:18:59 GMT
- Botox injections - beloved by those seeking a wrinkle-free complexion - may help fight cancer, early animal studies suggest.