"We know where most of the creativity, the innovation, the stuff that drives productivity lies--in the minds of those closest to the work. It's been there in front of our noses all along while we've been running around chasing robots and reading books on how to become Japanese--or at least manage like them."
—John F. Welch
- Shakespeare 'a cultural icon' abroad Wed, 23 Apr 2014 00:47:40 GMT
- William Shakespeare is the UK's greatest cultural icon, according to the results of an international survey released to mark the 450th anniversary of his birth.
- VIDEO: 'We just want to live normally' Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:19:03 GMT
- The BBC meets a pro-Russian family living in a rural area of Ukraine, who say their support for Moscow does not mean they are separatists.
- VIDEO: Hands-on with Microsoft's Cortana Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:40:33 GMT
- Microsoft's natural language expert explains how he breathed life into the firm's Halo-inspired virtual assistant Cortana.
- VIDEO: The trouble with tips Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:33:55 GMT
- Service workers like waiters and bartenders can make good money working for cash tips. But when business is slow, there's little safety net. How do they fit into the US discussion about raising the minimum wage?
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:54:45 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: China's growing naval power obsession Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:58:32 GMT
- US President Barack Obama has left Washington for a week-long tour of Asia as part of what the White House is calling an "eastward rebalancing" of US foreign policy.
- AUDIO: Led Zep reveal Keys to the Highway track Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:01:51 GMT
- Legendary rock group Led Zeppelin have released two previously unheard recordings ahead of the reissue of the band's first three albums in June.
- VIDEO: Political prisoners still suffering Wed, 23 Apr 2014 03:47:26 GMT
- Former political prisoners in Myanmar say they are still being "treated like criminals" and need more support from the state to reintegrate into society.
- VIDEO: In 60 secs: Who are Boko Haram? Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:20:42 GMT
- BBC News outlines the background, leadership and activities of the Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram.
- VIDEO: DJ Duke: Will and Kate hit the decks Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:10:32 GMT
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been taught how to DJ, during the latest leg of their royal tour of Australia.
- Mystery of 'ocean quacks' solved Wed, 23 Apr 2014 00:01:55 GMT
- The mystery of a bizarre quacking sound often heard in the Southern Ocean has finally been solved, scientists report.
- GM seeks to bar some ignition cases Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:56:53 GMT
- General Motors asks a US court to bar some lawsuits relating to its recall over faulty ignition switches.
- Primark to open its first US stores Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:26:44 GMT
- Clothing retailer Primark is to open its first US stores, beginning with a 70,000 sq-ft shop in Boston.
- Google refunding buyers of fake app Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:09:06 GMT
- Google is refunding people who bought a fake anti-virus app through its Google Play store.
- Russian social network founder fired Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:46:46 GMT
- The founder of Russian social network VKontakte says he has been fired and that his site has been taken over by allies of President Putin.