24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"It meant that New York philanthropists, New York society, would now rediscover the library. ... that learning, books, education have glamour, that self-improvement has glamour, that hope has glamour."
—Vartan Gregorian President, NY Public Library
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:42:58 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Henning's wife makes new mercy plea Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:12:05 GMT
- The wife of British hostage Alan Henning has made a renewed direct appeal to the IS militants holding her husband.
- VIDEO: Hot air balloon descends into cave Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:23:10 GMT
- An Austrian balloon pilot has succeeded in taking a balloon deep underground.
- VIDEO: The battle to protect gates of Baghdad Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:50:42 GMT
- Iraqi ground forces, backed by air strikes, have been involved in fierce fighting with Islamic State (IS) militants in a town west of Baghdad.
- VIDEO: Brazil's silent abortion dilemma Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:29:18 GMT
- Julio Carneiro looks at why so many Brazilians still oppose the legalisation of abortion, despite a series of recent deaths.
- Pakistan plane video man sacked Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:57:20 GMT
- A man who filmed passengers preventing Pakistan's former interior minister from boarding a plane for being late is sacked from his job.
- VIDEO: False widow bite leads to amputation Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:26:11 GMT
- A woman has had her finger amputated - and told she was within hours of death - after being bitten by a false widow spider.
- France to shrink deficit by 2017 Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:55:00 GMT
- The French government says it will reduce its budget deficit to below the EU threshold of 3% of GDP by 2017, two years later than promised.
- Asian stocks retreat on HK protests Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:59:05 GMT
- Asian stocks are heading for their fourth straight day of losses as political protests in Hong Kong show no signs of abating.
- Threat posed by voice activation Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:35:49 GMT
- Voice-activation functions on smartphones and other devices can be a significant security risk, warn researchers.
- Cheryl Cole web links 'most dangerous' Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:35:18 GMT
- A security company says hackers use malicious links connected to Cheryl Cole's name more than any other celebrity.
- SA soap on hiatus after cast sacking Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:53:05 GMT
- South African soap fans are cut off from the country's most popular programme following the August sacking of its entire cast.
- Chinese cinema set for record year Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:41:50 GMT
- Chinese cinema box office revenue surges 32% in the first nine months of the year, figures show.
- Protest halts Nasa spaceflight plans Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:42:24 GMT
- Nasa is facing a delay to work on two new commercial spacecraft after a formal protest about the contract award process.
- Panama opens biodiversity museum Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:34:43 GMT
- Panama inaugurates a museum designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry to celebrate one of the world's richest eco-systems.