24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"If none of us ever read a book that was 'dangerous,' had a friend who was 'different' or joined an organization that advocated 'change,' we would all be just the kind of people Joe McCarthy wants. Whose fault is that? Not really [McCarthy's]. He didn't create this situation of fear. He merely exploited it, and rather successfully."
—Edward R (oscoe) Murrow (1908-65) American news anchor, broadcast journalist
- 'Large gene find in schizophrenia' Tue, 22 Jul 2014 03:48:33 GMT
- In the largest ever genetic study of the disease, scientists have discovered some 80 genes which could leave people at higher risk of schizophrenia.
- 'Exciting' drug flushes out HIV Tue, 22 Jul 2014 04:31:12 GMT
- Scientists say they have made an "exciting" step towards curing HIV by forcing the virus out of its hiding places in the body.
- I will not resign as captain - Cook Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:22:40 GMT
- England captain Alastair Cook says he will not resign following the 95-run defeat by India in the second Test at Lord's.
- Rooney should be captain - Eriksson Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:12:41 GMT
- Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson says Wayne Rooney should replace Steven Gerrard as the national team captain.
- Seeing a doctor for the first time in seven years Sun, 20 Jul 2014 23:03:42 GMT
- Healthcare reform is President Obama's signature piece of domestic legislation, and also his most controversial - but quietly, millions are signing up.
- The beaches where Lego keeps washing up Mon, 21 Jul 2014 00:12:42 GMT
- A container filled with Lego fell into the sea in 1997. The pieces are still turning up today.
- Boko Haram 'controls' Nigeria town Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:31:49 GMT
- Nigeria's militant Islamists raise their black flag in the town of Damboa after capturing it, a local vigilante leader tells the BBC.
- Ukraine rebels give up 'black boxes' Tue, 22 Jul 2014 06:44:14 GMT
- Rebels in eastern Ukraine have handed over two flight-data recorders from the downed MH17 plane to Malaysian officials.
- France condemns 'anti-Semitic' riot Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:17:01 GMT
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls attacks "anti-Semitic" violence that broke out during a protest against Israel's action in Gaza.
- Mexico children's home owner freed Mon, 21 Jul 2014 01:05:04 GMT
- The owner of a children's home in the Mexican city of Zamora at the heart of an abuse scandal has been released by police.
- Iraq monastery 'seized by militants' Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:25:38 GMT
- Islamist militants who control the Iraqi city of Mosul are reported to have seized a nearby ancient monastery and ordered the monks to leave.
- US hospital in $190m 'abuse' payout Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:23:57 GMT
- Johns Hopkins Hospital agrees to pay $190m to thousands of women who joined a legal case claiming a gynaecologist secretly recorded them.
- UK pushes for more Russia sanctions Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:35:03 GMT
- The UK wants the EU to adopt tougher sanctions against Russia amid continuing fury over the airliner disaster in Ukraine.
- Prince George pictures mark birthday Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:54:17 GMT
- Two new images of Prince George are released as the third in line to the throne celebrates his first birthday on Tuesday.
- Road death woman 'forcibly pushed' Tue, 22 Jul 2014 05:44:43 GMT
- A female pedestrian killed on a busy Norfolk road may have been "forcibly pushed" into oncoming traffic, police say.