24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"History is written by the winners. The books say the Indians were bad guys and the whites just needed a little land. It's like, Excuse me, let me take your car. I'm discovering it. I'm putting my flag on your windshield."
—Mario Van Peebles
- Smell test 'may predict lifespan' Wed, 01 Oct 2014 18:48:37 GMT
- US researchers say a simple smell test could help predict how likely someone is to be alive in five years' time.
- Five Ebola cases per hour in S Leone Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:27:08 GMT
- Save the Children says healthcare demands are far outstripping supply in Sierra Leone and warns that the Ebola outbreak there is getting worse.
- No rift over Sturridge - Hodgson Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:19:53 GMT
- England boss Roy Hodgson says there is no rift with Liverpool over Daniel Sturridge, who is not in his latest squad.
- India beat Pakistan to hockey gold Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:36:06 GMT
- India win their first Asian Games hockey gold in 16 years after beating rivals Pakistan on penalties in Incheon.
- How Bosnia is helping Cyprus find peace Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:07:53 GMT
- In the 1960s and 1970s, hundreds of Cypriots disappeared. Now, with the help of a laboratory in Bosnia, there is a renewed effort to find out what happened to them.
- Why Japan's sunny beaches are deserted Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:35:44 GMT
- For much of September, Tokyo basked in temperatures of 25C or more. In most countries there would be a rush for the beach, but not in Japan.
- UK urges decisive action on Ebola Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:23:59 GMT
- The UK calls for decisive international action to deal with the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, as it co-hosts a forum with Sierra Leone in London.
- Taliban kill three in Kabul attack Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:46:29 GMT
- At least three people are killed when a Taliban suicide bomber attacks an Afghan army bus in Kabul, the fourth such attack since Monday.
- Factory blast kills 15 in Bulgaria Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:33:25 GMT
- A blast at an explosives factory north of Sofia kills 15 people, prompting Bulgaria to declare Friday a day of national mourning.
- Venezuelan lawmaker Serra shot dead Thu, 02 Oct 2014 08:34:00 GMT
- A young politician with Venezuela's governing PSUV party, Robert Serra, is found shot dead at his home in Caracas alongside his partner.
- Libya troops die in Benghazi attacks Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:23:50 GMT
- At least seven Libyan soldiers are killed and 60 more injured in car bombings and clashes in the eastern city of Benghazi, sources say.
- Head of US Secret Service resigns Wed, 01 Oct 2014 23:42:40 GMT
- Secret Service director Julia Pierson resigns as criticism of the agency intensified following several high-profile security lapses.
- Wonga to write off £220m of loans Thu, 02 Oct 2014 13:22:45 GMT
- Payday lender Wonga says it is writing off £220m of debts for 330,000 customers after putting in place new affordability checks.
- Three 'held over Thai killings' Thu, 02 Oct 2014 16:13:45 GMT
- Three Burmese workers are questioned over the killing of two British tourists in Thailand, according to local reports.
- Ebola nurse tells of virus 'horror' Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:21:47 GMT
- The British nurse who contracted the deadly Ebola virus in Sierra Leone calls for action to stop the "horror and the misery" he witnessed there.